Friday, February 4, 2011

Can Sinuses Cause Mini Strokes

Egypt / Egypt

Egipt
Przeciwnicy Mubaraka na placu Tahrir.
Zwolennicy Mubaraka na placu Tahrir.
shooting.
Egyptian Museum looted. Mummies profaned. Someone hacked into some of the pyramid. Residents of Cairo cordon surrounded the museum to stop the vandals, but that employees are suspected of destroying the history of a few thousand years.
wounded.
killed.
arrested.
first fatality among journalists.























revolution was supposed to be democratic. The first impulse I threw myself to sign petition - to restore access to the Internet and mobile telephony (sentences will not change), participation in the virtual march of solidarity with one million Protestants. Then someone wise said that the only organized opposition group in this country are the Islamists - do not want to be suspected of discriminating against any religion - I just think that religion should be separated from politics. Each religion. My aspirations to support the fallen - unfortunately I can not believe that people are driven by noble ideals of democracy, even if they lack the organization and structure, are able to overcome religious organizations involved in politics. But hey - do not judge me - the more that my disgust for the message still remains at a very high level and I am not fully up to date information even from pulp served in the media.























So although I'm tempted - I will not write about the relevance of democratic revolutions and cite the journalists talking and writing about the Egyptian version of year 1989. So tempting ...
few months ago, I was sweating under the sheet in a small, stuffy room full of ants near Tahrir Square. In front of the Egyptian Museum. The view from the window and pink - orange walls, the museum is not admired, for a - air conditioning went on the run and did not zamierzałyśmy with Mom, of which there was, let in boiling water to the center, b - the noise from the street and never irrepressible zagłuszyłyby horns every call, not to mention the denial of naps, or sleep.
In Cairo, we spent only a few days after the journey from Port Said and dopłynięciu to that merchant ship run by my Dad. Incidentally, the ports are now closed, the Father has recently swept the Suez Canal and the wrote of empty wharves, of deserted boulevards of dead terminals. The said square przecięłyśmy at this time, however, many times. I can not associate it with blood.























The television showed the scene where you see a shop where I bought a wedding gift for a friend. Then we got the mother of the scarab - before leaving for the wedding I made them bracelets, which were to bring peace to my mother and I was lucky in having a soon to begin, lonely journey through Eastern Europe (even if Mom did not know that the journey will be lonely.) Prior to this shop unless armored vehicles have become - come from the era that the Polish have so far been peaceful, so I have no certainty, but - say - the usual truck is not like that.
Maybe it's just the promptings of imagination, but we saw in the newspaper send her picture sitting on a tank that looked like our guide to Giza (where the desert by the way I picked up a tick and I thought this a symptom of some remnants of the Egyptian plagues, unaware that the plague of Egypt will fall a few months later.)
now watching all these images, shots, records and accounts, and I feel like I've seen a film shot in familiar scenery - and those flattened by the screen seem to be poor scenery. Can someone who has never seen a live tank on the street is really able to imagine? From the standpoint of experience and "collectible" knowledge - that's good or bad, that he never saw?
























Mubarak's Egypt oponents on Tahrir Square.
Mubarak's proponents on Tahrir Square. Shooting
.
Egyptian Museum robbed. Mummies Defiled. Someone broke into some pyramid. Inhabitants surrounded the Cairo museum is a stop vandals but Those are workers who are suspected to destroy the history thousands of years old.
Wounded.
Killed.
Arrested.
The first mortal casualty among journalists.























The revolution was supposed to be democratic. My first reaction was to sign all the petitions – about bringing back the Internet connection and mobile phones (and I’ll stick to it), to take part in virtual march of millions solidary with prostesters. Than someone wise said that the only organized opposition group in the country are Islamists – I do not want to be suspected of discriminating one religion – I simply think that no religion shall be connected with politics. And I mean every religion. My desire to support was “cooled” – I just cannot believe that even people driven by noble idea of democracy in not organized and structured can win with religious groups directed on politics. But well – I am not the one to judge – especially because my disgust towards news is still strong and I do not even fully follow the information pulp served by media.
Though it is so hard to resist the temptation to write about how important are democratic changes or to quote some journalists saying that what we observe is Egyptian version of Polish (and later European) year 1989.
Few months earlier I was sweating under the sheet in small, stuffy room close to Tahrir Square and in front of Egyptian Museum. I was not looking out the window on orange – pink walls of the museum cause – a – air conditioning was fully operating and mom and me, we had no intention to let the heat inside, b – because the noise with hoots was strong enough to disable any conversation or sleeping attempt.























In Cairo we spent only few days, after we came from Port Said after we had sailed there on the merchant vessel commanded by my father, (I shall mention that he was crossing the Suez Channel just few days ago and wrote us about empty ports, deserted boulevards, closed terminals). Still we crossed the Tahrir Square quite a few times back than. And somehow I cannot associate this place with blood.
On TV I saw picture showing the shop where I had bought a wedding gift for my friend. The salesman gave us to scarabs – I made bracelets with them – one for mom to keep her calm and second for me to bring me good luck on a then planned and soon started trip to Eastern Europe (back then mom did not know I was to travel alone). And in front of this shop there were two war wagons I think – am no expert as I come from the times that were peaceful for Poland – still they didn’t look like simple trucks.
Maybe it’s just imagination but on the newspaper we saw a picture of a boy sitting on a tank who looked just like our guide from Giza (where – funny thing – I caught a tick just in the middle of the dessert and “considered” it a leftover of some ancient Egyptian plague not even imagining that the real plague was to come in a few months).
Now I watch all those pictures, films and recordings having an impression that I am watching a movie made in familiar decorations which on the screen seem to be just a badly made scenery. Does anyone who has never ever seen a tank on the street “live” can really imagine it? Considering the “gathering” of experience and knowledge – is it good or is it bad that I have never seen it?

0 comments:

Post a Comment